Even though we try to give the precise information (current as of 10am 19 May), you will always find the most up to date information regarding all matters involving our Nation’s response to Covid-19 on the Unite Against COVID-19 website.
Level 2 – What are the main changes to your business?
Alert Level 2 is not life as normal, some restrictions and other measures remain in place to reduce the risk of transmission. Physical distancing, hygiene standards, and contact registers (where required) will make businesses safe.
We need to maintain physical distancing of 2 metres in public and in retail stores, like supermarkets and clothes shops; and 1 metre in most other environments like workplaces, cafes, restaurants, and gyms. Also, groups of friends and whanau should be limited to 10 people when socialising.
Basic hygiene measures include;
- Hand hygiene – that is, washing hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or cleansing with hand sanitiser
- Staying at home if you are sick
- Coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene.
- Avoid touching your face
- Cleaning surfaces regularly – clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as door handles, phones and doorknobs
When cleaning thoroughly and efficiently it is good to remember three general principles:
- Top to bottom: start cleaning surfaces higher up and work your way to the floor.
- Clean to dirty: start by cleaning surfaces and objects that are cleaner and work your way to cleaning dirtier items.
- Follow instructions: Read the detergent/disinfectant/sanitiser labels and follow the recommendations provided.
Contact Registers (read more here)
All business operating at Alert Level 2, must record details of people’s movement on their premises. This includes all employees, visitors and customers.
Your contact tracing register must collect people’s full name, phone number or email, residential address, date of entering the business, time in and out. The contact tracing records must be kept in a secure place for 2 months.
What advice should I follow?
There are multiple websites that offer advice and information regarding the current scenario. Below we have listed some of those:
Health and Safety advice
* Do you know our Hand Sanitiser Units? Click HERE to know more.